Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy 20 Months Kaden!



Dear Kaden,


My sweet little boy, you are 20 months today! I am having such a hard time swallowing that you are a mere 4 months away from being TWO! And I will no longer refer to your age in months, you will be one solid whole number! It seems like just yesterday that we were referring to your age in *weeks*.

This month you are really learning to express yourself....you are a parrot and repeat everything that is said around you. It amazes me some of the words that come out of your mouth. You also love to make others laugh! And you truly do all the time....you are such an absolute JOY! If you call my name and I do not hear you, the next time you call me, it turns into this long drawn out "MOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE", and it cracks me up everytime.

Parmesan cheese (the grated kind) is your weakness, and you just have to put it on everything. I have worked this little miracle food into just about every meal I can think of, and lately it is not so much a battle at the dinner table if your shaker is there. This month you also started to say "hi" when you are being sneaky and doing something you know you are not supposed to do. It's your little way of testing the limit, and it's really hard to keep a straight face when you look up at me with those sweet eyes and say "HI"!

You are completely obsessed with all things trucks (especially DUMP trucks) and BALLS. We have lost about 4 or 5 of your favorite balls at the park, and I'm just hoping one day they will all be there to greet you in one pretty little pile. You especially love balls that are not yours. Even if it is a chewed up old tennis ball that a dog is playing with, you HAVE to have it!

Most days I feel like my heart may explode with the love and pride I have for you. I could not imagine this life without you! I hope you always know how much I adore you. And let’s try and be easy on each other (and daddy) as we enter the “terrible twos”, shall we?

I love you!

Love,
your mommy


~swimmin!




~you love to clean!


~helping Papaw work on their basement!


~mesmerized.






~making a new friend at the park


~may have been their #1/only fan!




~hangin with the hamiltons


~setting the table.


~eating at the *big kids* table with friends Jane and Kate!


~your *hat*

and to prove that you are scarred from your boring old brown band aid experience....

1 comment:

  1. holy goodness... i'm running out of ways to describe his squishiness. suffice it to say, this kid put squishy on the MAP! i love his little nudey pic, heheheheeeee. and the older the nug gets, the more you can see the both you and chad in him... so precious! i hope to see you all again very soon! xxoo

    ReplyDelete