Saturday, March 21, 2009

a day of firsts
















It has been a few days since I have written, and I feel horrible, as my intention was to faithfully blog each and every day!

I took the nugget out for some shopping today as the little chunker has outgrown most of his clothes! I can't believe he is wearing 6-9 months and he is not even 3 months yet! I mapped out our shopping itinerary, pumped two bottles of milk in case it took longer than expected, grabbed an assortment of toys to distract the little man, and turned the static on the radio in the car(I find this is one of the only thngs that calms him in the car!). Because we had so many places to hit, I decided to take the freeway. I have not taken him on the freeway yet, and for those that know Los Angeles, it's impossible not to. When we go to see his pediatrician in Burbank, instead of taking the 5 minute freeway drive, I opt fo the 35 minute side street route. I am not worried about my own driving, but I feel incredibly anxious about all those OTHER crazy drivers. So this was his FIRST first today! And it was fine, and put him to sleep a lot faster than the stop and go of taking side streets!

So after all of our shopping, I had one more stop to make at Trader Joes. I attempted to feed him one of the bottles I packed, and amateur mommy apparently didn't heat it up enough after taking it out of the refigerator, and kaden made a grossed out face after his first sip. I sat in the back of my car in the Trader Joes parking lot and nursed him in public (if you can call the backseat of my car "public"). I definitely need to invest in a "hooter hider"! It was also my first time breastfeeding without my brestfriend! It's amazing I could even figure out how to hold him right! Kaden finished his lunch and we attacked Trader Joes and then went home and did some intense playing before it was time for bed.

His new favorite thing is his play gym, especially his chimes
He absolutely goes to town on these chimes! I bought them separately and he loved the sound of them so much I put them on his gym. I am going to try to videotape him as soon as I figure out how to make more room on our flip camcorder!

Daddy also made Kaden laugh his first real belly laugh! It was so awesome! Such music to my ears...

Also, just cause I am eating this at the moment and feel the need to share! I made this amazing recipe today I found on one of my favorite blogs, Love Deliciousness
It is so so easy and super yummy! Here's the recipe below:


Taco Bake
Makes 6 large servings

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
15-ounce can tomato sauce
8 ounces medium shell pasta
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef, drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.

In the meantime, cook pasta according to directions. Drain.

Mix softened cream cheese and sour cream in separate bowl.

Spray bottom of 9x13 pan. Put pasta in bottom of pan.

Spread cream cheese mixture over pasta. Spoon ground meat mixture over this. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.

Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.


enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment