Friday, January 8, 2010

foodie friday


~kaden wearing daddy's onesie that he wore when he was one!

So a few days ago, I suddenly realized that I need to start feeding Kaden some "big boy" food, now that he is offically of toddler status. *sniff sniff* Kaden has been super picky about the food I have been giving him, and why shouldn't he be? I have just been throwing little pieces of tofu dipped in cinnamon and little broccoli and cauliflower *trees* at him every night. NOT very exciting, and extremely boring for a big ol one year old. So I spent a few days doing some research and came up with some fun ideas. Last night we had nuggets! That's right, nugget had his first nugget! And he LOVED it! I don't want to get him in the habit of eating frozen stuff like that (although it was trader joes all natural baked chicken nuggets, I am sooooooo going to miss trader joes when we move!), but here and there isn't gonna hurt.

So welcome to Foodie Friday, I am hoping it will stick a little better than Random Wednesday (which is not gone forever, I just apparently took a hiatus...it will be back next week!). I know way back when, I posted the recipe for that yummy taco bake, and so many people tell me it's now one of their regular dishes that they make. So foodie friday may be about something new that kaden has tried, or that mommy has tried, or maybe just something ridiculously yummy!

So tonight I would like to introduce to you, Broccoli Bites!

I found this recipe on this amazing site
Thanks Judesmama!

I used a bag of broccoli florets, mozzarella cheese (it's all we had, next time I would totally use cheddar), 1 egg beaten, and bread crumbs. All you do is steam the broccoli well, throw it in a food processor with the egg, cheese and bread crumbs, about 1/2 cup each of those. Whip it up, add more cheese or breadcrumbs to get thicker consistency if needed. Roll them into little balls and bake on 350 for 15 min on an olive oil greased cookie sheet, and voila!!!!

Kaden AND mommy LOVED these! Such a good way to sneak in some broccoli!




and here are a few of my recent finds on the flip!



1 comment:

  1. cute as ever. hooray for foodie fridays! i love swapping food favourites, and i know you'll miss trader joes and i KNOW whole foods is more expensive, but actually if you buy the 365 brand, it's pretty comparable in price to TJ's :o) xo

    ReplyDelete