Saturday, June 4, 2011

*mama panic*


~the "give mommy heart palpitations fountain".


~testin the waters.

I have always been a bit of an anxious girl. Being a mama has thrown me over the edge completely. I worry about everything and anything and everyone. I have crazy paranoia about taking my eyes off of kaden for one moment in the park and someone snatching him up. I think about the worse case scenario in just about every situation and try to figure out how I would handle it. I desperately don't want my anxiety to wear off on him, and I try to be aware of how I am coming across at all times with him. For example, I hate spiders with a passion, but don't want him to have any ill feelings or anxiety related to them. So what do we do...oh we capture about 3 or 4 every single morning and set them free in the backyard. I want him to feel differently about spiders...the way I wish I could feel! Yes I'm a bit of a freak...and I desperately need to get back into yoga, no?

This crazy fountain in the top picture gives me an absolute heart attack. We played there so much last year and he had absolutely no interest in climbing those stairs. This year, he is all about it. I let him walk up the little stairs to the top one time, and I just about had a heart attack. It took me everything I had to not tell him how "scary" I thought it was. I want him to decide for himself what is and isn't scary. *sigh* Being a mama definitely comes with it's moments of wonder, cup runneth over love and complete and utter panic and freak outs.


~I love this park so much. yay for summertime!


~wavin to the choochoo.

And some linky love for you...

New York City.

chocolate chip cookie dough brownies. a complete slice of heaven. please get in my belly.

and how perfect would these strawberries be for July 4th!

Go ahead and let your kid BE bored! love love love this.

and finally read this article and tell me what you think

and my favorite pin from Pinterest this week. I'm going to teach all of these to nug, so fun.

1 comment:

  1. I love you!! You're normal - motherhood is ALL about the anxiety, sister, so just hang on and enjoy the paranoia! I do agree though and try hard not to pass my fears onto my kids. I just wonder what they think when I am up somewhere high and crying and muttering "it's ok, it's ok" to myself???

    ReplyDelete