Wednesday, June 17, 2009

saying goodbye and random wednesday








I think I'm going to make a habit of just posting fun random pics on wednesdays. I like that. I am so random myself that it helps me to just see a random blur of some of his sweetest moments from the week right smack in the midst of the long work week. And so random wednesday it will be....

We had to say goodbye to a wonderful old friend yesterday. My friend Janet died in her sleep at the young age of 35 Monday night, and she is survived by her loving husband and her two year old little boy. It has been years since we spoke, we had a silly disagreement, and Janet being one of the most wonderfully stubborn people I have ever known, would not budge. I sent her many letters and b-day cards over the years, so in the end, I know she knew that in my heart she was always there, and that I cherished our friendship.

I met her on the first day of school on the bus going to the junior high and we had so many good times over the next 14 years. I will neve forget "camping" in her camper next to the cemetary, hilarious sleepovers, fun trips to canada, and the way we both obsessed over River Phoenix for so many years....we used to cut out pics from BOP magazine and frame them for each other...

My mom absolutely adored Janet...so I can only assume that they are happy to see one another and they are sharing quite a few laughs and hugs while watching over the rest of us.









No comments:

Post a Comment